On June 4, over 30 members of the UCBA and the Hellenic Canadian Lawyers Association (“HCLA”) attended a CPD Event at the offices of Pallett Valo LLP in Mississauga.
Thanks to our UCBA speakers Pam Green, Andy Balaura, Taras Kulish and Natalia Vandervoort, and to the HCLA speakers Ted Evangelidis, Kelly Margaritis, Sabina Mexis, and John Yiokaris
The Topic was Buying and Selling a Business:
- What, You Don’t Trust Me? The importance of Due Diligence
- We’re All Friends Here. Who Needs Lawyers? Drafting the Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
- A Man Without Land is Nothing – Real Property Assets Issues
- Do You Want Fries With That? Considerations When Buying a Franchise
- That’s Just a Tax Issue – Tax Implications on Transactions
- The Vendor/Owner Did What? Employment and Labour Issues for Purchasers
- You Poured What Where for 20 Years? Environmental Concerns
- I Never Want to See You Again! Post-Closing Matters and Litigation Preparation Issues
This program was eligible for 2 hours of “Program” CPD Credits. If you attended and don’t remember signing in, let us know for LSUC audit purposes.
Thanks to the HCLA and Pallett Valo for the Open Bar (!) and snacks.
Stay tuned for further events, including our July informal networking evening!