Title: Country Director, Ukraine
Category: International Consultant
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term International Consultant Contract
Duty Station: Kiev, Ukraine
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int or follow us on Twitter @IDLOnews.
The Country Director will report to the Director, Programs, with a functional reporting line to the Regional Program Manager, Eastern Europe and Central Asia and collaborate with other IDLO Units as may be required. To advance and achieve the aims of the Ukraine Program, the Country Director will work in close cooperation with all program stakeholders, including beneficiary partners, donors, and other implementing agencies operating in Ukraine.
The Country Director will lead and have ultimate responsibility for all IDLO activities and operations in Ukraine. Specifically, the Country Director shall:
- Oversee and ensure the quality and timely implementation of all IDLO projects in Ukraine;
- Represent IDLO with the Government of Ukraine, national partners and the international community specifically with the Prosecutor General’s Office in relation to the project on Supporting Criminal Justice Reform in Ukraine;
- Represent the program and IDLO in strategic meetings, conferences and other public events;
- Provide donors and beneficiaries with regular updates on progress towards the achievement of project objectives;
- Lead IDLO’s fundraising and program expansion efforts in Ukraine, including identifying and pursuing opportunities for increasing IDLO’s work in Ukraine and contributing to the drafting of technical and financial proposals;
- Assist with the identification and selection of expert consultants and supervise and coordinate the inputs of expert consultants and trainers;
- Provide overall management oversight for the IDLO Field Office in Ukraine including personnel, security, procurement and logistics issues;
- Supervise and mentor nationally and internationally recruited personnel;
- Oversee the budget and finances of the Field Office, in cooperation with the Field Office Finance and Administration Officer and Program and Grants Manager. Monitor expenditure and be responsible for the monitoring and updating of financial forecasts.
- Keep IDLO HQ regularly informed of project progress, event and issues through close coordination with the Director, Programs or his delegate;
- Promote a culture of security within the Field Office by increasing employee awareness and preparedness, ensuring that local security management is a core component of all proposed and implemented programs;
- Provide progress reports (narrative and financial) to the Programs Department;
- Provide input into IDLO institutional plans at the request of Director Programs; and
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably expected of the Country Director.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Post-graduate degree in Law, International Relations, International Development, Political Science, MBA or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience rule of law and justice sector reform programs;
- Experience in eastern Europe and Central Asia is essential, experience in Ukraine is an asset;
- Fluency in Russian and English is required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude in building partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders and driving results, including at the senior level.
- Strong diplomatic skills; comfortable with organizational representation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to respond timely to queries and provide feedback.
- Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
- Willing to live in hostile environments.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Country Director will be required to render services in Kiev Ukraine, but may be required to work from other locations as determined by the Supervisor. IDLO offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package including Medical and Accident insurance, Annual and Sick Leave. The Duration of the assignment is one year.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website http://www.idlo.int/jobs and submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter. IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is May 22, 2015.